Gaining weight too fast during Pregnancy
Hello expecting mothers! If you think that being pregnant is all the way a ticket to eat a meal then, you are basically wrong. Cravings while pregnancy is powerful but on the other way it will lead to your weight gain. Most of the women gain weight during pregnancy for about 25-35 pounds. The basis of a healthy pregnancy is a balanced, as well as nutrient-rich diet one, should intake along with regular light weight exercises.
Expecting mothers need to intake healthy nutritious balanced diet so as to help their babies to get all the vital nutrients and grow at a healthy rate. It is really important to gain weight during pregnancy but the matter is “right amount of weight gain”. Always remember that your weight will affect your baby’s weight directly. Expecting twins you need to intake 3,000 to 3,500 calories per day.
Being overweight during pregnancy will affect your child and if you are overweight before getting pregnant then you need to lose some weight only under your practitioner’s care. In most cases, women should not try to lose weight while being pregnant.
Women who might think that pregnancy is all a comfortable phase of life are totally wrong. Pregnancy is not that comfortable as you might think. Gaining weight will further develop various problems in your body like backaches or full exhaustion or leg pains or heartburn and many more. And if you being overweight lead to labor, it might create a lot tougher to a tough experience of giving a birth to a child.
COMPLICATIONS OF GAINING WEIGHT DURING PREGNANCY
While pregnancy gaining weight further develops risks of hypertension and diabetes. These risks can further interfere in your pregnancy and can make it much harder to manage. Furthermore, it will also increase risks for your baby, as well.
The heavier you will be, the harder will be your delivery. Sometimes it may require using vacuum or forceps. Being overweight can increases the chances of C-section delivery. This delivery is hard for you to recover after the birth of your baby.
OBESITY ALONG WITH HEALTH ISSUES
Gaining weight during pregnancy will affect you in later phases of your life. Woman after giving birth to a baby, she needs to lose the extra fat within a time span of six months. For losing this extra baby fat, all you need is the willpower and time. If woman will not lose those extra kilos after the birth of her baby, than it can lead to serious health issues in her later life such as obesity, joint pains etc.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR WEIGHT DURING PREGNANCY
What can you have?
- Try to have fresh vegetables and fruits. They are low in fats, calories and full of vitamins.
- You can also have crackers, breads and cereals which are made from grains.
- During pregnancy, you need to consume at least four milk servings a day. So, do try to avoid fat dairy products.
What you need to avoid?
- Drink which contains artificial sweeteners or added sugar
- Drinks and foods containing sugar or corn syrup
- High sugar drinks
- Junk food such as ice cream, candies, cakes and chips
- Salty foods
More: Tighten loose Belly Skin
HOW TO GAIN RIGHT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT?
While being pregnant, if your practitioner wants you to gain weight then all you need to follow these tips:-
- Try to eat 5 to 6 meals a day
- Always try to keep your hand easy on snacks like cheese, raisins, nuts and crackers, dried fruits, yogurt or ice cream
- Try on with peanut butter spread on bread, celery, banana or apple. Just one tbsp of peanut butter will give you 100 calories and 7 grams protein.
- You can even add nonfat powered milk to scrambled eggs, hot cereal or mashed potato.
- Try to add some extra foods to your meals like cream cheese, gravy, sour cream, butter or margarine.
EXTRA WEIGHT DURING PREGNANCY
- Baby: 8 pounds
- Placenta: 2-3 pounds
- Amniotic fluid: 2-3 pounds
- Breast tissue: 2-3 pounds
- Blood supply: 4 pounds
- Stored fat for delivery and breastfeeding: 5-9 pounds
- Larger uterus: 2-5 pounds
- Total: 25-35 pounds
IF YOU GAINED MORE WEIGHT DURING PREGNANCY
If you gained weight more than your doctor recommended then you need to talk to your doctor. In most cases, you need to wait until your pregnancy. Here are some tips which you can follow so as to lower down the rate of gaining weight.
Tracking your weight gain Chart During Pregnancy:
Table of Contents
- While eating fast food, choose on with low fat food items which include broiled chicken breast sandwich with tomato and lettuce. Avoid having junk food with sauces or mayonnaise. You can have side salad with low-fat dressing or plain baked potato or plain bagels. Try to avoid French fries or breaded chicken patties or mozzarella sticks.
- Try on with choosing low-fat or fat-free cheese, yogurt and skim milk products. You need to have at least servings of milk products every day.
- Try to put on limit with the intake of sugary or sweetened drinks. Avoid adding salt to the food you eat because salt will retain water.
- Avoid eating high calorie snacks and sweets like candies, cookies, honey, syrup and potato chips because these foods contain high calories but low nutrition. Instead of these foods, try to have low-fat yogurt, pretzels or angel food cake with strawberries or try fresh fruits or veggies.
- Try to use fats in moderation like cooking oil, gravy, butter, cheese, regular salad dressings, sauces, sour cream, cream cheese and mayonnaise. Instead of these foods, try the alternatives i.e. lower fat foods.
- Try to cook your food in a healthy way. If you fry you food in oils or butter then it will simply add calories to your food which will lead to weight gain. You can try out baking, boiling, grilling or broiling your food. These are some healthier preparation methods which will keep you weight under control during pregnancy.
Gaining too much weight during pregnancy will make harder for you to lose after your child birth. As per the recommended gain in weight, women tend to lose the weight gained during pregnancy after the birth of their child and in the following months. Breastfeeding for more than 3 months will help you in reducing weight but if you gained a little weight during pregnancy might lead to premature delivery with low birth weight of child.
Gaining right amount of weight during pregnancy is really important. All you need is to follow your diet plan as per the advice of your practitioner. Try to visit your practitioner regularly during pregnancy so as to check on with your weight gain. Gaining weight fast or slow depends on the diet you are in taking.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO CONTROL GAINING WEIGHT?
All you need is to cut the useless intake of calories. This doesn’t mean that you will stop having the food as you need to intake some calories so as to keep your baby fed and growing. Losing weight is not at all a good idea during pregnancy but the rate of gaining weight must be slow. The things which can make a difference are easy, nutritious, calorie-reducing foods like skim milk, fresh fruits, baked potatoes, etc.
- Expecting mothers do try to keep an eye on your WTE’s pregnancy diet. All you need to do is to eating the right-nutrient packed foods in right quantities. You have to intake the right serving portion at right time of the day.
- Try to choose on with foods which are big on bulk i.e. foods keeps you full but are low on calories like fresh green leafy vegetables and fruits (high water content), fish, meat, lean poultry and oatmeal. Fill yourself with water rather than being with juice or soda.
- You need to trim down the fats but good fats are necessary for you as well as for your child but too much intake of fats will make you fat. Avoid having fried food, buttered bread etc.
- With advice of your practitioner, you need to do a regular light weight exercises. You can join prenatal yoga or exercise class or you can even add some daily routines exercises like a small park walk, walking up stairs instead of elevator etc.
Shape of the women figures during as well as after pregnancy changes so much that it might destroys her self-image as well as her enjoyment. The figure leaves woman dissatisfied and further encourage her to lose those extra kilos gained during pregnancy. During pregnancy, it is unusual not to gain weight, and you even can’t expect that you be straight back to the pre-pregnancy weight after giving birth.
Gaining weight too fast during pregnancy can develop high risks for the baby as well as to you. Getting back to the normal pre-pregnancy weight is not that difficult if you did not gain much during your pregnancy.
Are you expecting a baby? Alternatively planning to have? Please share your experiences with the readers and further help them to.