Best Bike Trailer for Kids Reviews 2019 – Buying Guide:
Bike trailers used to transport children when you want to share your love with your child while bicycling. With these trailers for kids, you don’t have a ride at odd hours to squeeze a little personal time as it designed specifically for the little once.
At the time of shopping nest bike trailers, you can see the three primary type of products. First one directly attached to the seat of your bike, the second type of trailer stay just behind the rear wheel, and the third type is the trailer cycle. A trailer looks a sidecar, which is attached to your bike’s frame or rear axle — some trailers designed to carry a single child where some designed for two children of ages between one to six. But some bike trailer for adults also available in the market.
Most trailers come with a hitch, which improves safety and stability. Even children also enjoy the ride in open and clean air instead of a car ride. Before buying a trailer, there are a lot of things that need to consider but do not worry we have a specific section for this too.
Here you can see the best ten trailers for kids in 2018. We collect different product of different make. Rating, price, weight capacity, specification, etc. may also vary with product. So take a look the best option for you and decide which bike trailer is best.
BEST Bike Trailer for Kids Reviews 2019
Table of Contents
This lightweight steel constructed trailer has space for two children for the ages of 1 to 5 years. It can handle maximum weight up to 100lbs. Both seats are padded with the best quality leather so that they can provide maximum comfort. It is safe and comes with shock absorb features. All over it meets ASTM Standard F1975-09 for trailers. It is an excellent trailer for the family loving person who loves cycling!
To protect the child’s feet, it has a foot guard tube. The trailer comes with a safety harness and a safety flag for each child. For fresh air and minimum suffocation, large side and front windows. Deluxe Steel child trailer also includes rain shield and removal Velcro bug. Universal coupler attaches to most bicycles.
This folding chair designed in such a way that it quickly release and collapse, easy to storage and transportation. No tool is needed to assemble it.
Interior Dimensions is 21 x 21 x 21 inches with rear storage compartment and helmet pocket. Sixteen inches inflated rear wheel tires are easy to pull without moving your biking. The width is 22 inches, height is 23 inches, and Seat to footrest is of 21 inches. Rear compartment dimensions are 22 x 8 inches.
- Hold two children
- Lightweight aluminium manufacture trailer
- Safe and comfortable with transports two children.
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Large front and side windows
- Footbed to protects your child’s feet from up and down on the road
- Safety harness & safety flag
- 20 inches inflated rear wheels
- Rain shield and removable bug
- Folding design, quick release wheels
- Easy storage and transportation
- Contains adjustable jogger handle and swivel front wheel to switch stroller quickly.
- Clicking noises heard from the front extension which connects to the trailer. It indicates a loose connection, and sometimes it can be irritating.
- Lack of headroom causes children with a helmet on having to bend their head forward in an awkward position.
This Quick N EZ Double Bicycle Trailer cover the entire top with snap-buttons, and at the end, it closes with velcro. It does not collapse down anywhere. The snaps & parts come off quickly enough — handy stroller kit (handle and front wheel).
This trailer is conveniently for walks or jogs also. For compact storage and easy transport, they provide a unique folding frame and quick release. The universal coupler can easily attach to any bicycle for a different activity.
It has space for two kids with a maximum 80 lbs weight capacity. For storage, it has an additional 12 lbs weight for all the things you need for your kid. to get protection from various elements, it provide two-in-one canopy has a bug screen and weather shield.
With 16-inch air-filled tires with moulded rims must offer you a smooth ride. And you have installed it once. Overall dimensions of this trailer are 34 x 8 x 28.7 inches.
- Available in two different colours: Orange and Gray
- 5-point safety harness and shoulder pads give extra safety and comfort.
- 16-inch tires filled with air and moulded rims provide performance and style.
- Folding frame design and releasable wheels make for compact storage.
- Two in one canopy with a weather shield and a bug screen.
- It includes a stroller kit with a parking brake, the front wheel, and handlebar.
- Plastic cover must be needed to prevent rear tire of a bike from throwing “road dust” back towards trailer passenger.
- Speeds over 10 MPH risk tire “tears.”
This InStep Take 2 Kids is one of the customer choice trailers that helps you to create lifelong family memories. With comfortably padded two-seat, your child must want to enjoy a ride with you.
You can tow it behind a bike, and this universal bike coupler trailer fits most bicycle rear wheels. Comes with 5-point safety harnesses and safety flag that provides extra visibility.
Two-in-one canopy with a weather shield and bug screen options are best. It fits two children with 80lbs weight capacity and has 12lbs added weight for storage area. It also provides a rear vent window for air circulation.
16-inch air filled/pneumatic moulded wheels for performance and style and susceptible to absorb a shock. The compact design of the trailer helps you to store it in even your small cars or storage. The dimensions of the trailer are 51.8 x 32.5 x 31.9 inches.
- Comes in 4 different colours: light blue, green, grey and red
- For providing performance and style, 16” pneumatic tires with moulded rims are at its best.
- Quick release wheels and compact storage with folding frame design.
- 2-in-1 canopy includes a weather shield and a bug screen.
- Versatile bicycle coupler
- 5-point safety harness and shoulder pads that added extra security and comfort
- Lack of bottom support that causes the canvas to fall when a child is inside.
- The cover is hardly long enough to join buttons for closure and may need to be “stretched” to make the connection.
4. Sync Single Bicycle Trailer:
With Sync Single Bicycle Trailer your child can enjoy the outdoors with comfort behind your bicycle securely. It designed with two in one canopy with mesh screen and weather shield, which gives your child added protection. Sixteen inches pneumatic tires with moulded rims provide the best performance with modern looks to your trailer.
And for quick release of wheels and store in compact space, it comes up with folding frames, so no worries of inhibiting larger area. Even a harness rather than a seatbelt keeps your little one to sit more comfortably and provide security as well. The versatile bicycle coupler connects to most bicycles. Overall dimension and weight of the product are 32.5 x 20.8 x 6.8 inches and 29 pounds respectively.
- Available in four different colours: blue, green, grey and red.
- Pneumatic tires and moulded rims give both performance and style.
- Quick release wheel with the folding frame
- Versatile bicycle coupler
- Rubber and Steel used in the making of this beautiful trailer
- Maximum weight capacity is 40 lbs per child
- Chances of burst tubes in tires as rims made of plastic.
- The material is thin and has no padding however pillows help in adding to the comfort to the kid.
Tow behind bicycle trailer with universal bike coupler will fit most bicycle’s rear wheels. It also helps you to spend quality time with your family and improve bonding while cycling or jogging — no more worries for your child as it has 5-point rider harnesses, shoulder patches, and a safety flag for additional visibility.
Other eye-catching options are a two-in-one canopy, weather shield, bug screen, rear ventilation window, and an additional weight capacity of 12 lbs for storage in the back area.20-inch Alloy spoked wheels with pneumatic or air-filled tires provide best execution and style. A large side window tries to offer a great visual from the trailer. It can comfortably fit in a closet or back area of the car.
Collapsable frames and removable wheels also save your time in folding and joining the trailer. The universal coupler will attach to most rear bike wheels, and hence you do not have to choose a particular bike or bicycle. Overall dimension is 51.8 x 32.5 x 31.9 inches. It handles two rides and weights up to 40lbs per kid. For cargo and water bottle or other stuff, it has a small storage space.
- Lightweight for a comfortable handling aluminium frame
- Twenty inches pneumatic tires with aluminium rims make you worry free from tire bursting and provide optimal performance.
- Folding frame design for easy storage and quick release
- Two in one canopy incorporates a bug screen and weather shield
- Versatile bicycle coupler
- Seat with padding and deluxe harness added extra comfort and safety
- Parking brake provide additional security while in stroller mode
- The strap material not so good. Both the straps attached to the buckles and the straps attached to the material to the frame.
- The fabric is thin and ripped loose at the snaps.
Burley Kids’Encore bike trailer for kids is ideal for those who want a safe, comfortable, and affordable child carrier with all in one option. With two-seater capacity, it also has some excellent features like tinted side and rear windows with UV protection, a removable harness and seat pads, and a sunshade for bright summer days.
An adjustable ergonomic handlebar fits parents of any height, and when folded forward then it doubles as an additional roll bar in biking mode. Seat release buckles help to collapse the seat to set down for easy conversion from carrying kids to hauling cargo.
Compact fold flattens in the trailer for easy storage and transportation. For easy cleaning, padded seats, and harnesses with removable pads and adjustable seat back for easy adjustments. The front edge of the seat is supportable with the pad.
To save from harmful sunlight, it provides tinted side and rear windows. For ventilation, it has a rear window. Twenty inches push buttons helps to quick removal and hub engaged the parking brake. Front-to-rear fold provides enhanced stability and strength.
Nose guard protects material when the trailer is resting on the ground. The box contains user’s manual, tow bar with hitch, two wheels, and two-wheel guards. The overall interior dimensions are 25.5 X 22.5 X 22 inches. The overall weight capacity is 100 lbs for two children.
- Compact fold flattens the trailer for transportation and easy storage.
- It includes hitch, tow arm and a safety flag for visibility.
- The colour option is blue.
- Meet or exceed ASTM F1975-09 safety standards.
- The connector lets the bike to set flat while trailer remains upright
- For protection in an accident, full internal aluminium roll cage
- Passive suspension for rider comfort with hammock style seat
- Aluminium frame tubes and hinges
- Wheel guards for protection
- Side battens create a structured barrier between passenger and wheels.
- Water resistant cover and seat fabric made with 600D polyester
- Reflective materials, and reflectors in front, rear, and wheels for visibility.
- Spacious rear cargo area
- Seating design supports “slouching” and to correct this some have resorted to using pillows that help the child sit up straighter and be more comfortable.
- Safety pole requires frequent tightening.
The burley bike trailer for kids facilitates family adventures on a budget without losing durability and safety. This lightweight trailer provides comfortable seating for one or two children. It also provides tinted windows for hot days and plenty of space for storing things for your little one. Compact fold flattens the trailer can allow you to store it in a tiny area like a car back and it is easily transposable.
For quick removal, it has 20 inches push buttons. It designed in such a way that it meets ASTM F1975-09 safety standards. Five-point harness system and safety flag provide added safety. Full internal aluminium roll cage saves your child from an accident as well as protect them in any disaster.
Hammock style seat provides rider comfort and passive suspension. Heat blew 6061-T6 aluminium frame tubes and straps for your nonstop riding without worrying about the tube and tire burst. Additional wheel guards protect the kid from unexpected obstacles. Side clamp creates a structured barrier between child and wheel.
Reflectors and reflective materials and give visibility in front, rear and wheels. Polyester cover and seat fabric are water resistance, and front-to-rear fold provides increased stability and strength. Windows are UV protected and block 96- 98% of UV light.
The overall dimensions of the open bike trailer are 32.25 x 30 x 36 inches, and the dimensions of the folded trailer are 35.5 x 29.25 x 11.25 inches. You will get user’s manual, tow bar with hitch, two wheels, two-wheel guards and safety flag in the box.
- Additional storage area for the things for your kids.
- Compact fold flattens the trailer for easy transportation and storage.
- Tinted side and rear windows for protection from UV rays.
- Rear window ventilation.
- 20 inches push-button wheels for quick removal
- Includes hitch, tow arm, and safety flag
- Too hard to get together
- Thin material with less comfort at the back but it can solve by putting a pillow
When the security of your children is your priority, do not settle less than a best. The Schwinn Echo Bicycle Trailer is top of the quality at the comparatively low price. With plenty of space and 80 lbs weight capacity and additional storage space for your gear gives comfort to your child. A removable weather fly saves your baby from rain and heat.
Eye-catching yellow colour and flag attract the attention of drivers near you and the shoulder pads and helmet mesh ensure the safety at its best. As it comes with a universal trailer coupler, this can attach your trailer with your bike.
It is one of the most budget-friendly trailers which includes full-sized 20-inch tires, less durable fabric, and shocks resistance design. So if you are searching for a trailer with no frills or upgrades, it is for you. However, it comes with a large window for ventilation with bug screens. Assembled dimensions of the trailer are 51.8 x 32.5 x 31.9 inches.
- 5-point rider harnesses with a safety flag and shoulder patches for extra visibility.
- Two-in-one canopy with a weather shield and bug screen
- Rear ventilation window.
- Space for two riders, and additional space for gear with room for other gear in the rear area with 12 lbs weight range.
- 20-inch alloy spoked wheels with pneumatic tires or air-filled for performance and vogue.
- Easily fits in closet and back of the car.
- Comes with a coupler that will attach to most rear bike wheels.
- The frame collapses, and the wheels remove quickly.
Small, handy and comfortable, the Schwinn Trailblazer single provides a basic trailer that you are looking for your only child. It folds easily, and neatly and also has a bug screen to protect your kid. The weight limit is 40 lbs, and it does not include any shocks or jogging abilities.
The aluminium frame is lightweight and gentle to handle. Instead of unreliable plastic rims, this Schwinn trailer comes up with 20 inches pneumatic tires with the aluminium frame for quick release and easy to store.
It also offers the pivot front wheel and handles bar to convert from trailer to stroller mode. A parking brake ensures extra safety with a stroller irrespective of being pulled or pushed. The 2-in-1 canopy also works as a protection for your child from weather and bugs.
- Comes in bright red colour
- Two strong harnesses for security and safety.
- The padded seat presents comfort on behind.
- Quick release wheels and unique folding frame.
- Compact storage and easy to transport
- Universal coupler and a one-time installation
- 16-inch air-filled tires with moulded rims
- An additional 12 lbs weight for convenient storage.
- A footrest is low near to the ground and may chance to develop holes in the material from pulling friction.
- Hitch pin attaches horizontally instead vertically, which makes it an awkward fit for some modern bike rear hubs.
When you do not have a chance to go to the gym, the Aosom Elite gives you the opportunity to go out of the house for some serious exercise. It also works well for jogging as this 3 in 1 trailer designed to perform equally as a trailer and stroller as well. Twenty inches steel wheel offer a smooth ride on bare ground or road.
It intended for two kids with 88 lbs weight limit. It can easily attach to your bike for a cycling adventure. The double child trailer comes up with a sling seat and 5-point safety harness. A removable cover protects the kid from rain, sun, and lees. Either one or two children sit in it with convenience.
Even a backspace behind the seat is good for storage of toys, diaper bags, beach gear. Overall Dimensions with jogger kit installed are 52 x 35 x 41.5 inches. So with this trailer what could be better than hitting the roads with your beloved kids?
- 3-in-1 design, so it works as a stroller, jogger or trailer.
- All-weather covering with both mesh and plastic covering
- Flexible style seat with a five-point safety harness
- Convertible in any one type within a second
- Rear storage area and extra space
- Rear wheel with hand lock brake system for security
- Materials used in these trailers are Aluminum and Canvas
- Folds to fit most containers or small storage areas.
GUIDE TO BUY BIKE TRAILER CARGO
It is easy to get confused with some trailers available for kids. Even if you think about where to buy a bike trailer, then if there are stores near you, you can go there. But if you want to pick the best from various choice and after comparison, go to the Amazon.
The clear range of colours, competitors, custom features, and add-ons can make you feel giddy. Here is a guide for which bike trailer you have to pick for your kids.
First, you need to decide the basic options and the features you would like in the trailer. Once you know what you need, then it is easier to find the perfect one as per your choice. Bike trailers come in different sizes, colours, weight difference, capacity, features, etc.
But do not discourage or confused because of the perfect guide to buying a bike trailer stroller for your child. Most of the trailer made in 2 different types: single child bike trailer and double child bike trailer.
There are some features to consider about before buying the trailer for you and child. Here are some things to consider before taking a glance at the different models available.
- Activity level
Would you want to take your kid on a road trip or bike trips? Or will you go jogging or running with the stroller? The first step to finding the best stroller is to think about your daily activity level and where you want to take a trailer. Some trailers use as a jogging stroller, and some are work for riding trailer.
Trailers come with a broad range of features like shock support and cushion, while some come with basic features only. The features impact on your child’s comfort during rides. Some prizes are lucrative but not durable for long rides or off road trips.
Do you need a space for one or two children going along for the ride? Few things you have to keep in mind with single and double seated trailers. First, note that a single-seated trailer is more compressed and feel less spacious for your child. While a double-seated trailer provides space, but sometimes it feels like off-balance if there is a large difference between two children or there is only one child.
If you are using the trailer for an older child, then double-seated trailer gives extra space for your child. Also look for how old bike trailer is. Consider a trailer cycle, if your child is three years old or more.
Budget is one of the prime factors that decide your trailer. So if you are looking for the best money buy or fix budget to pick your trailer then note that prices can change dramatically. First, think about your real budget as well as the maximum weight capacity options. Each trailer type has a budget choice, high budget, medium budget, and low budget selection.
You don’t have first to pick your section and then choose a safe bicycle trailer for your kid. With the increasing price, most of the models come with added safety and other features. It makes the coach more comfortable, durable, or functional. Do not forget to look for how much weight can a bike trailer hold because if your child weight exceed, then it is useless
- Your child’s age
Child’s age is another thing you have to consider before buying. Most of the chair made for the minimum age of 1 year or 12 months. However, the upper age varies with different manufacturer. While choosing the trailer, note the position of your child that means your children should be able to hold their head up on their own.
It can be possible at the age of six months also, but most of the health professionals recommend a later age, i.e., 12 months.
- Safety tips
Depending on where you want to use the trailer or where you live, your child may be required different things for confirming his/ her safety. For example, wearing a helmet or harness while riding a bike trailer.
Wear a helmet even in riding trailer and if your trailer does not come with safety flag then use an orange or red flag between the height of 3 ½ to 7 feet high. Also look for reflective material and reflectors especially on front and back of the trailer.
Before using the trailer and bike, first look for it. Follow the step to step guide for attaching the trailer to your bike. You may think that installation is easy, but sometimes it happens that it install improperly and cause an accident. At last, your children safety is first for you, and we hope you never avoid any safety tips.
- Assemble, dismantle, and storage
Before deciding the perfect bicycle trailer for youngsters, think about the storage you have. Most trailers need some construction before use. However, most come with detail instruction and easy to do. Within a few seconds, most of the trailers can assemble or disassemble.
Also check inner and outer dimensions, open and closed dimensions before buying so that you can make sure that it can comfortably and safely store and transport. It is especially important when you have little space and choose a larger trailer.
WHICH BIKER TRAILER SHOULD YOU PICK FOR YOUR KIDS?
Now you know the best bike trailer for kids reviews 2018 to pick up the best from it. Most of the popular models are available on the Amazon. Even you can compare similar products there. After that, you have to decide on the one which you need it.
As we listed above, you can take a look at all of the aspect first. Even you can move to the review section also, and in case of any doubts, you can ask the question. From the review listed and rating, you can find that the product you selected is worth to buy or not.
CONS AND PROS OF BIKE TRAILERS
Pros Of Bike Trailers:
Bike trailers are the same what it sounds like. It can hitch to your bike, and your kid sits in it, and you start your ride. With the ride, it has some other benefits so let’s take a look on addition advantage of bike trailers.
- Staying active
In a busy schedule, and 9-5 job timing, we hardly find time to do proper exercise. It becomes difficult when you are having young children. Time spent outside of the home is usually lead to the pace of child, and ultimately it makes it almost impossible to work up or stay active. This problem can solve by using the best bike trailer.
With it, you can go to the road, enjoy your hobby of cycling, do different activities and much more which you did before having a toddler. And it is not a selfish thing because ultimately you are spending quality timing with your family and child.
2. Promoting an active lifestyle
Taking the bike trailer with your bike on the road or grounds also benefit your daughter and son. You are doing your exercise and providing the time for your kids to enjoy outings. They can follow your exercise; they can enjoy nature, they can see the scenarios and much more.
It also helps them to teach good habits as they grow up and begin exercising and bicycling by self — the time spent outside of the house it the time well spent with the family together.
A bicycle trailer let your child connect with nature on a daily basis. They can explore more thing on their own without going on a long car drive. It is a greener and active alternative to driving to the mall or spending the time at a friend’s house.
Bicycling for a half an hour in a few days of a week is a great way to improve your health and save money, fuel or gas.
Cons Of Bike Trailers
Undoubtedly buying and riding a bicycle trailer will not solve all of your problem or all of the world’s problem. Alike all other things, bike trailers also have some disadvantage and downsides to using any of it with your children.
Considering both the pros and cons is smart way before making any purchase. We have already seen advantages, now its time to take a look on cons.
If you already exhausted from holding your child for long walks, then you may find it difficult to paddle with the trailer behind your bike. It becomes particularly obvious when you are travelling to uphill or buy a heavier trailer. If you become folded on a regular bike ride, then you have to consider the added weight of towing a trailer also.
You may feel a trailer can be a bit difficult to carry for uneven roads or long rides. Most bike trailers manage very well, but it most if time can take considerable time get the sway. It is true when you large or heavy trailer with two children.
So before going to extended ride, take some time getting used to pulling and rolling your trailer. The practice makes you more comfortable while handling your bicycle with a trailer.
How many times do you plan an outing with the trailer? For families who are going on ride frequently, it is a very worthwhile investment. However, if you do not go on your bicycle very regularly, or are doubtful you will ride with your child, then the cost may not convert into a benefit. So carefully invest in the bicycle trailer as per use.
- Planning your route
Narrow roads, bumpy trails, and pavement of the footpath can cause trouble while riding a bike, but all of this can also cause an even bigger issue at the time of pulling your little one. For the safe and enjoyable ride, always choose your route carefully thinking about the obstacles, road, and ground.
In case of riding alone, it is not the important thing, but when you are with little one, you have to consider all of this carefully. Also, choose the trailer that is shock resistance.
- Age restrictions
We never know when time files. We feel that at one time they can barely stand on their feet and the next day it seems like they are going to college — most bike trailers designed for the age group of 1-6 years old and trailer cycles intended for children 4-9 years old.
So first look for your child age and choose the bike trailer or trailer cycle. You have to take complete advantage of the age and enjoy.
It is all about best kids trailer 2018. Bicycle trailers can be a big investment, so you need proper planning with listed features you want it. You also have to look for space and weight, too. Trailers help to spend excellent time with your kids and family. Due to frequent ride, your kids will love to bicycle riding when they grow up.
And to choose the best trailer, you don’t have to be best parents. Instead of best, you have to smarter parents while choosing the product that assures the smooth ride with the safety of your child.
There are many makes and models available in the market as per your range, budget, and features. So trust in yourself and pick the one you like the most for future family rides.