Best Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis 2019 with Buying Guide:
The most prevalent source of heel pain is plantar fasciitis. Some athletes refer to it as “heel spurs.” The pain occurs when spurs form on the plantar fasciitis ligament running on the sole of your foot.
Sometimes your feet can be out of alignment and starts separating from the heel. Eventually, this leads to a calcium buildup and causes pain in the heel. For some people, the pain becomes unbearable and forces them to stay off their feet.
Best Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief
Table of Contents
These cuties from Vionic have a simple design but look sophisticated. For plantar fasciitis problems, the sneaker provides excellent support with maximum cushioning. According to many women, the shoe fits perfect out of the box and has a durable construction.
The one-piece mesh upper has a lacing system that is easy to use and gives a snug fit to keep the feet secure when walking. At the top of the foot, you have a cable system that helps distribute tension and keeps your foot in place. The sneakers airy and keeps your feet dry.
The EVA inserts covered with fabric and helps protect the heel to help boost forward movement. Further, it provides the best arch support and does not have a squashy feeling compared to motion control footwear. The collars well padded and the tongue provides cushioning to keep the feet comfortable.
- Colour: Five shades available
- Closure: Lace-up with cable system at the top
- Design: Mesh Upper with PU Overlays and Reinforced Toe with EVA Footbed
- Size: Wide selection available
- Well Padded
- Comfortable out of the box
- A wide array of colours
- Breathable and lightweight
- Measurement varies by size
The Satima walking shoe is ideal to wear if you suffer from plantar fasciitis. You will enjoy a comfortable fit with lightweight design in a wide selection of shades. The sneaker comes highly recommended, and sizes may vary depending on your foot measurement.
The lace-up sneaker from Vionic is a great shoe to wear when suffering from foot pain. The men’s walking shoe provides stability and support and helps alleviate plantar fasciitis problems. The footwear has an exquisite design and does not look like an orthotic shoe.
The black, charcoal, and light grey colour offers you the versatility to wear daily for exercising or with a pair of jeans. The lightweight construction allows you to walk comfortably for long distances. The mesh upper makes it breathable to keep the feet dry.
The simple lacing system allows you to put them on or take off quickly. Further, the arch support system provides just the right cushioning for the feet. The insole has an EVA structure, and you can remove and replace it with a plantar fasciitis insole.
- Color: Three shades available
- Closure: Lace up design
- Design: EVA Footbed, Mesh Upper, Rubber Outsole with Removable Insole
- Size: 7M US and 8M US
- If you suffer from low back pain, these walking shoes are perfect
- Outstanding arch support
- Fantastic fit and appearance
- Does not provide enough pain relief if you have a combination or flat feet, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendonitis
With the Vionic Contest Active walking shoe, you get a snug fit right out of the box. The sizes are accurate and provide enough support for the foot. Further, the price is affordable.
The Sandy women’s walking shoe gives your feet the best arch support. The fit is relaxed and offers maximum protection on the pressure points. The orthotic cushioned sole provides a stable and natural foot motion.
If you suffer from plantar fasciitis or a person with diabetes, the sneaker comes highly recommended. Furthermore, it helps to reduce heel, arch, knee, and foot pain. The toe box has a broad construction to keep the foot relaxed and helps spread the toes out naturally. The athletic shoe is lightweight with air cushioning, provides extra depth, and has a seam-free design.
The best of all is you can try them risk-free with the money back guarantee.
- Color: Gray
- Closure: Lace up design
- Design: Air Cushioning with Non-Binding Knit Upper and Wide Toe Box with Padded Interior Lining
- Size: Wide selection available
- Extremely Comfortable
- Helps relieve plantar fasciitis pain and other ailments
- Has a full toe box but still pushes the toes into a V-shape
The Sandy footwear is well worth the buy according to many athletes. The shoe fits perfect out of the box and provides the right arch support. The sneakers well made and have no seams that irritate the feet.
For the best men’s walking shoe for plantar fasciitis, no one does it as the Orthofeet range. The shoe looks elegant and has a sleek leather upper available in black and white. The finish is stylish and can handle the elements outdoor with the waterproof construction.
Further, it provides anatomical arch support and the orthotic insoles contour to the shape of your foot. The shoe helps prevent knee, heel, and lower back pain. The toe rooms massive and provides ample room for the toes to move. Alternatively, the sneakers breathable design keeps the feet dry and aired.
- Color: Black or White
- Closure: Lace up design
- Design: Leather Upper, Orthotic Insole, Easy Gait System and Non-Binding
- Size: Wide assortment available
- The shoes wider than expected
To help relieve heel, leg, back, and knee pain you need to get yourself these shoes. The footwear is suitable for walking long distances and standing all day. The toe box provides enough room for the toes to move and the breathable design keeps the feet dry.
For one of the most popular walking shoe brands look at the Vionic Elation 1.0. The footwear has a perforated memory foam footbed for the best arch support. They are lightweight on the feet and need no break in time. The shoe is comfortable from the first time you put it on your feet.
If you suffer from overpronating these shoes, provide the stability you need. Further, it helps with chronic joint and heel pain when walking. The collar around the sneaker and tongues padded for comfort. For ease of putting on and taking, it off it has a lace-up system to adjust the fit.
The interior lining is breathable and the uppers made of synthetic and textile fabric. It will feel like you are walking on air all day.
- Color: Seven stylish shades
- Closure: Lace up design
- Design: EVA Rubber Outsole, Synthetic and Textile Upper, and Perforated Memory Foam Footbed
- Size: Extensive assortment available
- Feels like heaven on the feet
- Gives you balance and keeps the foot aligned
- Not a too high arch support
- Style runs a bit short and best to buy a pair ½ a size up
Are you a person who is active and needs a walking shoe for plantar fasciitis pain? You need the Performance Athletic Shoe from Dr Comfort. The sneaker is breathable and lightweight on foot. Another highlight is the need for not tying shoelaces and it still offers firm support.
Furthermore, it has an arch stabilize with a thick cushioned footbed to prevent pressure and blisters. The cross-trainer you can adjust with toggle closure and the seamless construction prevents irritation. The upper mesh construction keeps the feet dry and the footbeds removable.
The toe box provides protection when running on rough terrains and offers a firm heel counter. No matter what type of ailment you have, these sneakers are great to wear.
- Color: Black/Gray, Gray/Yellow, Blue, and Red
- Closure: Toggle Closure
- Design: Leather and Mesh Upper, Removable Footbed, Rubber Outsole
- Included: Extra gel plus insoles
- Size: Extensive selection available
- Easy to put on and take off with the toggle closure
- Does not squash your toes
- Outstanding customer support
- The tread wear is not the best after wearing for a couple of months
The shoe has a well-structured design to put on and take off, especially if you have diabetes. The walking shoes comfortable but also provide ample arch, toe, and heel support. You can wear the sneaker all-day and suitable for long distance walking.
The walking shoe from Orthofeet is a casual sneaker and made for doing casual sports. You can wear them to the gym or work. The feet remain comfortable and are lightweight. The sneaker has a classic design with the synthetic upper and easy to keep clean.
Further, the upper of the shoe is breathable to keep the feet aired. The cushioned collar and tongue provides comfort without irritation. No matter where you walk, the outsole offers enough grips on the slippery wet ground. The footwear has an orthotic insole giving enough arch support and forms to the feet.
The uppers non-binding and has full toe box with seam-free interior lining and padded foam.
- Color: White/Pink, White/Blue, Black
- Closure: Lace up
- Design: Leather and Mesh Upper, Orthotic Insole, Wide Toe Box, and Seam-Free Interior
- Size: Extensive sizes available
- Excellent arch support
- Enough movement in the toe section
- Perfect fit with excellent cushioning
- A bit hard on the inside for some athletes
The walking shoe provides impressive traction, and for comfort, the padding is excellent. The stylish finish allows you to wear it to work, gym and walking long distances. Another benefit is the footwear made for plantar fasciitis pain.
The Walker Classic sneaker helps to keep you moving with comfort and support. With the combination of a cushioned outsole and breathable upper, you can wear them for work and play. The top is weather-resistant and made of leather with an action lacing system.
The polyester mesh liner with PU foam base makes the shoe breathable to keep the feet dry. The EVA midsole you can remove, and it has a .5-inch elevation. The elevation allows for a smooth transition in your heel-to-toe strike. The heel counters thermoplastic and provides support and stability.
The rubber outsoles durable and provides enough grip when walking rough terrains.
- Colour: Five Colors Available
- Closure: Action Lacing System
- Design: Suede and Mesh Upper, Active Motion System Technology, Water-Resistant, Cushioned EVA Midsole
- Size: Extensive size available in medium and wide widths
- Removable EVA Midsole
- Durable Outsole
- Some minor complaints that the shoe squeaks when walking
One of Orthofeets best walking shoes is the Coral sneaker. The footwear has ample cushioning to give stability and support for over-pronators. Walking on uneven surfaces is a breeze and keeps the feet protected. The footbed has extra depth with a full toe box allowing the feet to move around freely.
The lightweight sole offer you ample cushioning to help relieve pressure on impact. The interior is seam-free with padded foam for comfort. For the best foot motion, the sneaker has an ergonomic-stride design and flexible. Further, the shoe feels like you are wearing a sock.
- Colour: Black, Gray, and Turquoise
- Closure: Lace up
- Design: Mesh and Synthetic Upper, Gel-Padded Heel-Seat, Non-Binding with Added Depth Design
- Size: Wide-ranging sizes available
- Unmatched Cushioning
- The arch supports comfortable
- Helps relieve heel pain
- Breathable and reduces pressure generally found on the bottom of the foot
- No cushioning in the toe section
The RBAN Fox is an ultimate men’s walking shoe brand. The wool sneaker offers you fashion with style to wear with any outfit. The footwear has a natural synthetic material structure. The fully lined shoe provides the best comfort and flexible to move with the feet.
The rubber sole has a durable tread to give a perfect grip on rough terrains. You can buy the shoe in different colours, styles, and sizes. Further, you receive thirty-day money back guarantee included. Another benefit is the shoe design has little seams and forms to the perfect fit of the foot.
- Colour: Black, Light Gray/White, and Charcoal Gray/White
- Closure: Adjustable Laces
- Design: Wool and Polyester Upper, Padded Collar and Insole, and Foam Rubber Outsole
- Size: Wide-ranging selection available
- Durable and lightweight
- Feels like you are wearing wool socks
- Fit like perfect when put on for the first time
- Best to buy a size bigger
The walking shoes for plantar fasciitis are lightweight and comfortable for wearing every day. You can walk for miles without feeling tired. The fantastic thing is you can weatherproof them by using some scotch guard.
We have come to the end of our walking shoes for plantar fasciitis reviews. We hope that the list helps you find a suitable pair to help prevent this irritating pain. Always remember to pick the best cushioning, heel drop, sole design, and right toe box. With these features taken into consideration, you can discover the best one to make you walk long distances and stand for hours without feeling much pain.
Luckily, there is a cure to help relieve the pain by doing exercises and making a lifestyle change. One of these changes is wearing the right walking shoes for plantar fasciitis.
We are here to assist but before you buy a pair of sneakers to ease the pain look at the buyer’s guide on how to pick the right shoes first.
Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis Buyer’s Guide
The only way you know if you do have plantar fasciitis is if you feel pain in your heel once treading on it early in the morning. As the day progresses and the muscle warms up the pain diminishes. You can also feel pain when driving, walking, and massaging your foot.
The problem is that when the pain progresses, it can weigh down some of the activities you partake in. The first place to start is looking at the type of shoe you wear. The footwear needs to fit well and have the correct insole with enough compression to keep the foot protected.
Finding the Correct Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
One of the main reasons you can suffer from plantar fasciitis is wearing a poorly fitted shoe. If you are active, overweight, or have diabetes, wearing a well-fitted orthopaedic shoe is essential. Wearing the wrong footwear does not align and support the arch and heel causing overpronation.
With the excessive stress on the arches, it eventually collapses, and the muscle becomes loose developing calcium deposits. Here are some helpful tips in finding the best walking shoe to help relieve plantar fasciitis pain.
- Slip-on or laced shoes – a slip-on shoe fits loose and provides no support while a lacing you can adjust for a custom fit.
- Heel counter – this section of the shoe needs to be firm and supportive. The rear of the walking shoe needs to enclose and support the heel bone. Further, it needs to be comfortable with consistent
- Elevated heel – the heel should be at least one-inch high to help relieve pressure in the heel.
- A comfortable sole – do not pick a bottom that is too soft as it does not provide enough support for the arches. Further, it will not help align the ankle and feet. When holding the shoe, you must not be able to bend or twist it easily. The only place it should turn is at the toes where it connects with the feet.
- Flat sole or rocker sole – the best options a rocker sole as it helps absorb shock on impact when you step forward. Also, make sure the footwear has an excellent toe rocker. With the correct rocker, it allows your toes to roll of the shoe and helps your feet to move in a natural forward motion when walking or running.
- Strong arch support – this is very important, and you can improve the walking shoe for plantar fasciitis with an orthotic insole here to provide a perfect fit.
As you can see, there are three main approaches when purchasing the right shoe: it needs to support the arch, reduce the Achilles load, and decrease the effects “windlass mechanism” associated with movement in the toe section.