importance of aerobic exercise
Aerobic exercise is any physical activity that uses large muscle groups and causes the body to burn more calories than resting. Regular aerobic exercise has been shown to improve heart health, increase energy levels, and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as obesity and diabetes.
One of the essential benefits of aerobic exercise is strengthening the heart and cardiovascular system. Aerobic exercise causes the heart muscle to contract more forcefully, enlarges the heart’s chambers, increases blood flow from the lungs into the heart’s left ventricle, and decreases resting blood pressure.
Over time these changes will lead to improved cardiovascular health and a reduced risk of developing diseases such as high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, stroke, and congestive heart failure.
Due in part to its ability to increase energy levels, aerobic exercise has also been shown to improve mood through stimulation of neurotransmitters such as dopamine in regions in the brain known as “reward pathways.”
Regular aerobic activity may further benefit mood by increasing norepinephrine concentrations, a hormone associated with improved attention, focus, and motivation.
Aerobic exercise has also been beneficial for weight loss and obesity prevention. When done in conjunction with a healthy diet, aerobic exercise can help to create a caloric deficit, leading to weight loss over time.
Aerobic exercise is an essential part of any fitness program and should be performed regularly for optimal health benefits.
So what are you waiting for? Get up and get moving! The importance of aerobic exercise cannot be overemphasized, and the benefits are undeniable. Start incorporating aerobic activity into your weekly routine and start feeling better today!
How to do aerobic exercise?
Table of Contents
Aerobic exercise, also known as cardio, is an activity that causes the heart to work harder than its usual requirement and can be sustained for long periods. The benefits of aerobic exercise are that it boosts metabolism, increases energy level, regulates blood pressure, and even prevents cardiovascular diseases.
According to doctors, aerobic exercise should be performed at least thrice a week for 45 to 60 minutes each session.
Aerobic exercises can be done indoors or outdoors, depending on your preference. However, most people tend to shy away from this type of workout because they don’t have access to equipment and therefore choose other activities such as weight training or yoga, which do not use the whole body and thus cannot give good results in aerobic exercises. If you are one of those who want to lose weight and stay fit, you should try aerobics at least once by following the ten tips given below.
1) Before beginning any aerobic workout, ensure that your body is well hydrated by drinking lots of water. Drink about eight glasses of water in a day to not feel thirsty during the workout session. Dehydration can make it difficult for your body to cope with physical activity, thus tiring you sooner than usual.
2) To avoid injuries, stretch your muscles properly before starting an aerobic exercise. Stretching loosens all the rigid tissues around the joints, allowing blood flow into them, thus making movement painless during workouts. If there are muscle cramps or spasms, it is advisable to stop the exercise and stretch again after a few minutes.
3) To maximize your workout session, you should create a plan that determines how often you will be working out in a week and how long each time. This will help you in staying focused during workouts. Depending on your busy schedule, you can either follow a program given by a trainer or design one yourself.
4) Rotate between high-intensity cardio exercises and low-intensity ones such as walking, cycling, etc. High-intensity aerobics sessions require an individual to put more effort while exercising, whereas low-intensity sessions allow you to exercise for a longer duration. This way, your body does not get used to a particular aerobic exercise, and you can achieve better results.
5) Mix up your routine every week or so by adding new exercises to the mix. This will help prevent boredom and keep your muscles guessing about what’s coming next! This will make the workout session more exciting, but it will also lead to better overall results.
6) Always warm up before starting an aerobic exercise. A good warm-up will increase blood flow to the muscles and prepare them for the upcoming workout. It is advisable to do light cardio exercises such as jogging or cycling for 5-10 minutes before starting high-intensity activities.
7) If you feel exhausted during a workout session, take a break for a few minutes and then restart. This will prevent muscle fatigue and allow you to continue the rest of the workout without getting into an accident.
8) Take some time off from your aerobic exercises now and then as it is not advisable to exercise daily as it can hurt the immune system. If you have just started aerobics, you can skip a day after every three workouts to let your body rest and recover from the stress.