Benefits of Boxing and Different Types of Boxing
-it develops strength and helps to gain muscles,
-increases the endurance and hastens the cardiorespiratory system.
-helps with weight loss and increases self-confidence.
-Boxing is a good way to burn out emotions, so it contributes to psychological health.
HOW TO CHOOSE A BOXING RING:
Table of Contents
Each boxing ring is designed for a specific purpose. There are three main types of boxing rings:
-The American ring, made from upholstery foam which makes it a soft and comfortable training surface. The Ring has 2 ropes attached on the top of the ring and they help to increase the duration of training without swelling hands and feet.
-The European ring, which is designed for a quick and dynamic workout. The surface is made of a thick foam of 2 cm. It has two ropes attached to the top of the ring on both sides. This type of ring can be found mainly in traditional boxing clubs.
-The universal ring with a metal frame and thick foam this ring is great for training at home. This type of ring does not have any ropes.
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR BOXING TECHNIQUE:
1) In the beginning it’s better to use a simple defense movement, but in time you can add more complicated movements and blocks. It is important to train both defensive and attacking movements, but at first, you have to concentrate on defense.
2) You should put special attention to the basic boxing movements, such as straight punch with a step forward (jab), cross, hook, and uppercut. These movements are the foundation of all fighting techniques, so they need to be perfected as much as possible. Only after that one can start learning more complicated techniques.
3) The distance between the attacker’s fist and the defender’s face should be as close as possible during training so that your partner can punch you with full power without pulling back his/her arm after every punch. This way of training is called sparring and it simulates a real fight. Sparring can be light or full power depending on the type of training that you are doing.
4) Before starting boxing it is necessary to stretch so your muscles will not get hurt. It’s also better to train in shoes with soft soles because they absorb some of the shocks when touching the floor.
Benefits of boxing for females:
Boxing is an activity that does not require you to be bulky, quick, or even strong. It requires you to be smart and take advantage of your opponent’s weaknesses in order to score points.
Boxing training allows women to build up their self-confidence by learning how to defend themselves if faced with a physical threat. This can also improve their self-esteem and body image. To further prove that women can succeed in boxing, here are the top 10 benefits of boxing training:
1. Boxing is a tough workout for any athlete regardless of age and size.
A woman’s heart rate can be elevated to an average of 170 beats per minute about while her breathing will be rapid and shallow. This causes her to burn fat, which can result in a leaner body and improved muscle tone.
2. Boxers like Manny Pacquiao(left) were known for their endurance and power punches.
3. The upper-body workout that boxing provides is excellent at toning muscles without bulking women up like other activities.
4. Weight loss with the help of boxing is another benefit that most women are looking for. Heavy bag training can burn more than 500 calories in an hour, which makes it the perfect way to work up a sweat and lose weight at the same time.
5. When trying to tone muscles, women should focus on strength training to tone muscles without adding bulk.
6. Boxing training will help improve a woman’s coordination and agility. Along with other activities, it can enhance a person’s overall flexibility and balance.
7. Improving hand-eye coordination is another benefit of boxing training, along with quick thinking during the match due to its fast-paced nature.
8. A study has shown that a woman who participates in sports with high contacts, such as boxing, can be less likely to suffer from arthritis and joint pain.
9. As women age, their risk of chronic disease increases due to less physical activity. If a woman is boxed during her teenage years or early adulthood, her risk of developing chronic diseases, later on, is greatly reduced.
10. It has been proven by a study done at Harvard University that women who box get fewer periods, have fewer problems with infertility, and are less likely to suffer from osteoporosis during menopause!
Benefits of boxing for weight loss:
Boxing is one of the best forms of cardio workouts that will help you lose weight. The workout requires quick footwork, change-of-direction movements, and high-speed body rotations to score points. This is an excellent aerobic workout that burns calories at a faster rate than traditional weight-training or jogging activities.
A woman’s heart rate can be elevated to an average of 170 beats per minute while her breathing will be rapid and shallow. This causes her to burn fat, which can result in a leaner body and improved muscle tone.
According to a study by Men’s Fitness magazine, it was found that 30 minutes of boxing training burned around 300-600 calories depending on your weight and effort.
The upper-body workout that boxing provides is excellent at toning muscles without bulking women up like other activities. It will require you to perform various types of punches, such as jabs, hooks, and uppercuts to help tone all of your arm muscles including the biceps (front portion), triceps (back portion), shoulders, back muscles, and core.
Weight loss with the help of boxing is another benefit that most women are looking for. Heavy bag training can burn more than 500 calories in an hour, which makes it the perfect way to work up a sweat and lose weight at the same time. Since you will be constantly moving around for this type of workout, you can easily surpass the calorie-burning results compared to your regular aerobic exercises.
Mental benefits of boxing:
When trying to tone muscles, women should focus on strength training to tone their muscles without adding bulk. However, it is important that beginners avoid using heavy weights since this may cause muscle injury or strains from incorrect form.
In comparison with other activities, boxing is also known for its benefits in improving hand-eye coordination and quick thinking during the match due to its fast-paced nature. This non-contact sport can be a great way for you to improve your reaction time and visual focus while making it fun at the same time!
There is sufficient evidence that boxing training will help improve a woman’s coordination and agility. Along with other activities, it also enhances a person’s overall flexibility and balance.
Social benefits of boxing:
Cardio boxing workouts are an excellent way to get in shape while having fun with friends. As you learn the proper form for kicking, punching, and hitting you can unleash your competitive side by participating in private or public sparring matches. Boost your confidence while getting fit!
Boxing will also allow women to meet new people at their local boxing gym and develop new friendships. Not only will it be a great form of exercise for the body, it will also keep busy those who have been looking for socialization but can’t find any fun activities to do on their own.
Benefits of boxing bag:
When it comes to boxing training, there is no better way of learning how to hit correctly than by punching a heavy bag. The standard weight for this type of gear will be around 30 inches in diameter, which is just the right size for you to practice your jabs and hooks when working on your accuracy.
A heavy bag is also one of the best workout tools for conditioning workouts as it will require you to swing your arms quickly without having any rest in between punches. Unlike a sparring partner, it is not going to be able to fight back and will allow you to work on your defensive skills as well. When punching this type of “opponent”, is also an excellent way to improve your upper-body strength.
The disadvantage of boxing:
1) Risk of injury Although boxing is great for burning calories and getting the blood pumping, it can also be very dangerous if you are not careful. You will need to wear protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, and punching mitts when training with a partner or using a heavy bag.
2) Intimidation factor Boxing gyms are not the most comfortable place for beginners as it is filled with people who have been doing this activity for years. It can help to find a smaller boxing gym where you won’t feel intimidated and can feel free to ask questions without having anyone stare at you because of your lack of experience.
3) Can cause weight gain If you don’t keep up with your diet and you find yourself gaining weight, boxing can be a great way to get rid of it. Unfortunately, if you aren’t careful and continue to eat too many calories while exercising like this then you will end up gaining more weight than expected.
Different types of boxing:
1) Amateur Boxing:
Amateur boxing is the least risky type of sport since there is no head strikes allowed and you can only hit your opponent in the torso. Since this is intended for beginners, protective gear is not required during training or competing which makes it less dangerous overall.
You will find these matches at schools, community centers, recreation facilities, police academies, military bases, fire departments, and correctional facilities.
2) Semi-Pro Boxing:
Semi-pro boxing is a type of sport where there are more rules in place to ensure the safety of both fighters. Headgear, mouthguards, and larger gloves a one-ounce weight will be required when competing or working out in a training facility that keeps both the boxer and their opponent safe.
3) Professional Boxing:
Professional boxing is the roughest type of boxing available as it doesn’t have any protective gear that is required for semi-pro or amateur bouts. There are many different things that go into this type of sport including speed, strength, endurance, agility, footwork, and timing which is why it is the most dangerous. A boxer has to be in top physical shape with a great amount of focus and skill in order to compete in these matches successfully.