Height Growth Tips – Increase Height Tips from Experts
Height of individuals is a genetic process and growth of height is controlled by genes. Some decade back, it was claimed by doctors and nutritionists that a person who belongs to a family of tall members becomes tall naturally and an individual belonging to a family of short stature people cannot attain desirable height. But scientific discoveries have proved now that a short stature person can increase his height if he follows certain remedies and exercises. Human beings grow height naturally till the age of twenty five years.
There are some factors which help a person to grow his height. They are taking balanced diet which includes lean protein and calcium, doing exercises on the regular basis and sleeping for nine to ten hours definitely enhance height. Some tips for growth are given below:
- Intake of balance diet: The diet which consists of all the necessary components of food is called balanced diet. It includes carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins ,minerals .The carbohydrates provide necessary energy required to do various exercises. They are present in rice, wheat, potato, sugarcane .The most important nutrients are described below in detail.
- Proteins: Proteins are present in milk, meat, fish, chicken, pulses, and groundnut etc. Proteins are the most important constituents which increase height. They build muscles and bones. They help in repair of body tissues. They must be included in the diet .the growing children and adolescence should be given protein rich diet in adequate amounts because maximum height grows during childhood and before puberty. Proteins increase bone mass .thus increase the height .Vitamins and minerals should also be taken in adequate amounts.
- Vitamins: Vitamin A, B3, B2,B12, D play very important role in increasing height They also save us from deficiency diseases. A child who suffers from these diseases cannot attain height. Vitamin A is present in mango, milk, papaya, carrot and green vegetables .Vitamin B3 is also called Niacin. It is found in milk, chicken, meat etc. It also increases height, Vitamin B12 is present meat and green vegetables. Deficiency of any vitamin does allow body to grow properly. Vitamin D binds calcium which is the main constituent of bones and muscles. Vitamin D is present in sunlight, milk, green vegetables. People having vitamin D deficiency should go outside to get sunlight. There are many minerals which should be taken for overall growth of the body. They are calcium, zinc, iron.
- Calcium: Calcium is present in milk, milk products, green vegetables, sea corals .It helps us to attain height. Calcium intake stimulates the pituitary gland to secrete human growth hormone in adequate amount. Thus it increases the overall growth of the body.
- Zinc: Zinc should also be taken in required quantities because its deficiency leads to stunned growth in boys. Zinc is present in oysters, wheat germ, pumpkin, squash seeds, lamb, peanut and crab.
- Get adequate sleep: Only intake of adequate diet is not applicable. Sound sleep for 9 to 10 hours is important to attain height not only for boys and girls who want to attain height but for everyone. The Human Growth Hormone is produced naturally in our body during sleep or slow wave sleep. Getting good, sound sleep will encourage the production of HGH created in the pituitary gland.
- EXERCISE: Exercises play an important role in increasing height. Height growth exercises release growth hormones in our body and enhance our height. Many exercises are recommended by nutritionists and doctors which help in gain height. They include swimming, stretching, running, skipping, hanging and playing basketball. The exercises must be done on regular basis to get the positive results. Some exercises are described in detail below:
- Swimming: It is the best and most effective exercises in increasing height. Swimming leads to movement of the whole body which in turn increases the height from one to six inches. Breast stroke and butterfly stroke are the most useful types of swimming as they stretch spine, legs and arms to the maximum level bringing remarkable increase in growth of height. 4 to 6 hour of swimming in a week is good to enhance height .This is best for growing children and adolescence because maximum height takes place at this height .It also reduces heat so can be done in hot summer months.
- Stretching : Stretching exercises like front –bends, side-bends, twist- bends, leg raises, back bending, cobra and others increase height and makes one a confident person .Simple stretching exercises also recommended to grow height. Other exercises include chin ups, lunges, sit ups, calf raises also help in gaining height. Stretching is the most common and popular exercise effective in making a person tall. Some common yoga stretches are:
- Tadasana: It is also called Mountain pose. This asana is easy to do and very beneficial. It increases body suppleness, strengthens spine, legs and arms. This asana is also believed to increase height. If practiced right from childhood, it is extremely useful.
- Cat stretch: This is a very good and beneficial exercise which should be perform on regular basis. For doing this, inhale and curve your spine inwards and exaggerate the curvature of your back. Hold this position for 5 seconds. Exhale and round your back upwards as much as you can. Hold this position for 5 seconds. If feeling any pain in any part of body or any discomfort while doing this exercise one should stop it and doctor should be consulted.
- Cobra stretch: This is effective in increasing height naturally. Cobra stretch resembles the shape of cobra so it has been named cobra stretch. This sis somewhat difficult exercise. For doing lie on the floor. Stretch your body upwards with arms forming perpendicular to the ground. This exercise is effective in growing cartilages present in between the vertebrae .All this leads to increase in tallness. This is mainly the exercise of spine and makes it more flexible. One should keep in cobra like position for 5-30 seconds. In a day, this should be done 3-4 times to get better results.
- Avoidance of alcohol and drugs: Intake of alcohol and drugs should be avoided as they do not allow the natural growth of a person. Tobacco and smoking should not be allowed to growing children and those who want to increase height because all these materials stop natural growth. People who take steroids also fail to attain the same height as their counterparts.
- Avoidance of junk food: Junk food including burger, chips, cola and snacks should not be eaten in large amounts because they cause obesity and stop natural growth.
- There are many herbal supplements available which help in increasing height. But these should be taken after consulting a good doctor
- Tips for how to look taller: There are some people who fail to increase height, even though they follow the rules and regulations of increasing height. They should wear dark colored clothes as a person looks taller in dark colors.
- Girls should wear high heels so that they can look taller than their usual height.
- Wearing tight clothes is also helpful as a person looks thinner and taller
Conclusion: Height increasing is not a problem these days. A person should only be strong in determination, he can do everything.