Food and Diets for Height Growth
A person with short stature feels inferior among a group of tall people. He lacks confidence and personality. He fails to win competitions of racing, marathon, athletics, swimming, basketball and other games. He is not able to get modeling assignments. Sometimes fails to get a job in army, police, navy and air force. Candidates with tall stature are preferred in sports and entertainment industry. These students and young adults often become victims of fun, jokes and mockery among their classmates.
So, short stature is like a sin. Every human being wants to tall stature. There are many effective measures which help to increase height from 1-6 inches.
Following measures should be taken to increase height. They are:
1. Adequate diet:
Balanced diet must be given to children and adolescence. Maximum growth occurs at adolescence so they must be given all the nutrients Required to grow height naturally. Those who want to attain height must take enough carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals in their diet.
Carbohydrates are present in potato, sugarcane, rice, wheat, maize and sweet potato. They provide energy required to do various activities and Exercises. Exercises, running, swimming can be done only when enough energy is there in the body.
2. Protein rich diet:
Protein rich diet is necessary for everyone who wants to increase his height. They are good for bones, muscles, tissues, skin and Teeth. Proteins are important sources of amino acids which increase bone mass and length of muscles.
Proteins also strengthen bones. Certain amino acids Present in proteins stimulate the pituitary gland and this secretes increased amounts of human growth hormone required for body growth. Proteins are present in milk, meat, fish, chicken, Peas, pulses, beans, chick pea, soya bean, groundnut etc. Proteins are the main foods which increase the overall height of a person.
3. Vitamin D:
This vitamin D binds calcium which is vital for the growth and maintenance of bones. Sunlight is the biggest and cheapest source of Vitamin D. It is important to go out in sun. Other sources of Vitamin D are milk, green vegetables and sprouts. Calcium is the main constituent of bones and teeth. It Is found in milk, green vegetables and seafood.
4. Other vitamins:
There are other vitamins also which are required for normal height growth. These vitamins are Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin, Vitamin C or ascorbic acid and Vitamin E. These Vitamins are mainly found in fruits, vegetables and milk.
Milk is considered as complete food. It contains almost all nutrients required for sufficient growth. It is main source of calcium and Vitamin A.
Skimmed milk is free from fat and contains 100% proteins.2-3 glasses of milk is recommended daily for growing children and adults who want to grow height.
6. Other dairy products:
Our body needs other dairy products along with milk. They are cheese, paneer, curd, whipping cream and ice- cream. They are rich in calcium as well as Vitamin A, B, D and E. They also provide proteins.
Calcium is the most important mineral for growth and maintenance of strong bones. Carbonated drinks, sugar, fat, coffee and excessive salts Should be restricted because they act as calcium inhibitors and they do not allow growth of height.
Zinc and other minerals should also be eaten because zinc deficiency results in stunted growth in boys. Zinc is found in Oysters, wheat, germ, pumpkin, squash seeds, lamb, peanut and crab.
9. Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and Vegetables are rich sources of vitamins, minerals, fibers and water content. Yellow fruits are good sources of Vitamin A.
These fruit include mango, papaya, grape fruit, water melon and apricot. Vegetables are also rich in Vitamin A. These are very colored vegetables which include Carrot, peas, pumpkin, broccoli, spinach, cabbage and green vegetables. Vitamin C is helpful in healthy growth of bones and keep our body free from infection.
This makes our immune system stronger and also increases body growth and height. This is found in citrus fruits including, lemons, tomatoes, amla, grapes, Oranges, berries, guava and grapefruit.
10. Starches and grains:
Starches and grains are the good sources of carbohydrates which provide us energy. They also provide us Vitamin B, fiber, magnesium, iron and selenium. These nutrients are present in popcorn, whole grain pasta, brown rice, bread etc. Children and adolescence should be given increased carbohydrates because height grows maximum before puberty. During childhood adequate diet helps in growth of body and height and does not cause obesity in most cases.
Obesity occurs in children if they do not indulge themselves in physical activities and playing. After 20 years, excessive of diet causes fat deposition in body. However, processed foods, chips, colas, noodles, burgers and cookies should be avoided as they increase fat content only and may cause diseases.
They are excellent sources of proteins, vitamins and minerals. Those who do lot of exercises must take adequate protein diet which include eggs. Usually 3-6 eggs are recommended for those who do weight exercises and height growing exercises.
12. Soya bean:
It is the main source of protein. It can be the best protein food for vegetarians. Soya bean contains maximum amount of protein in vegetarian Diet. Soya bean improves bone and tissue mass.
It is also good source of plant protein. It can be taken in breakfast. It helps in increasing muscle mass and decreasing fat. 50 grams of oatmeal Is recommended daily for increasing height and for those who perform weight exercises.
14. Coral Calcium: This is obtained from sea corals. It increases bone mass. It should be start taken in the childhood to attain dream height.
15. Green Beans: They are rich in proteins and minerals. Minerals build bone tissues, increase bone growth and improves blood flow in the body.
16. Chicken: This is the best source of animal protein. It is important in building muscles and other tissues. It is also necessary for proper repair of body.
17. Adequate sleep: Intake of proper food and diet are not the only factors which work towards increasing height. One should take adequate amount of sleep to grow height. It has been scientifically approved that sound sleep of 8-9 hours is necessary to gain height. The Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is produced naturally in our body during sleep or slow wave sleep. Getting good, sound sleep will encourage the production of HGH created in pituitary gland.
18. Avoid smoking and steroids: Smoking and intake of drugs and should be avoided as they do not allow natural growth. They also result stunt growth. Those People who start smoking and intake of drugs at tender age or during childhood fail to increase height naturally. The steroids must not be consumed as they Reduce chances of growth.
19. Important facts: People who don’t take adequate diet in their childhood or during adolescence remain short in stature. Children suffering from Malnutrition And deficiency diseases also have stunt body growth and weak body. So balanced diet containing all the above described ingredients should be included in food on everyday Basis. Doctors and nutritionists recommend proper diet at proper time. A person should take 5-6 helpings of different food items in a day.
Conclusion: A person who takes all the nutrients in his diet at regular intervals becomes taller naturally. Those children who only like to eat snacks and
Only tasty western and Chinese foods remain stunted and suffer from diseases in later stages of life.